Thursday, January 21, 2010

What can YOU do for YOU?

Last night was a hard night for me. I think a combination of recent awful events, awful events to come, other issues and hormones just drug me down into a funk. My heart was full of pain and confusion. I took that and turned my thoughts into positive ones.

I thought to myself, what can I bring into my life to make help take this weight off of me. I went out with friends, I laughed, I made a new connection. The kind of connection that I think will be a great influence on my goals this year. I took a long bath and reflected, and when I thought of something negative I thought of two things positive to offset it. Eventually the water cooled down and I got out...but my thoughts were all positive ones. (some people call this praying)

When I woke up this morning it was easy, My work time was not painful. I made more connections with great friends who haven't been consistent in correspondence, I had some rough spots in between, but i was able to take them in stride and do what needed to be done. That process is on going, and it doesn't seem like a big issue anymore.




"If we all did the things we are capable of,we would astound ourselves."Thomas Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment