Thursday, January 14, 2010

If you squint you can see the weekend

That was the first thing I heard when I woke up this morning. I usually hop out of bed, try not to trip over the cat, and head for the living room to turn the tv on for the weather. The anchor man said " If you squint you can see the weekend" I thought it was cute. I took it with me all day, actually got to use it once.

Today we all were prepared for the disapointment from our manager. In my position there are five others, and we have been not the best at one particular task. Some of us accepted the fact and want to learn. Others refuse the fact and look for ways out of it. So we knew our Manager was going to hammer it home.. for the last time! 4 hrs later our meeting ended. The stress cloud hovered over my unit. At one moment there was a stern and loud request for one of us to go into my managers office. I stayed in my cube and was glad it wasnt me. I already feel like I am low on the totem pole. I've been working overtime (not paid b/c I'm salaried) just to understand what is going on sometimes.

After work, and after I was there from 7am to 515pm. I decided it was timeto do something nice and positive. One of my friends has a birthday this Saturday, and I wanted to find her a gift. $112 later... I left with 8 sweaters, a giftcard, a new breifcase, jeans and sweatpants for my sis in law. lol I must say...I feel much better, I think I will sleep well tonight. Plus Tomorrow is jeans day and I get to put on one of my new sweaters!

Positive note: "You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” Zig Ziglar

This year is about the above quote.

PS. Rest in Peace Teddy Pendergrass

No comments:

Post a Comment