Friday, October 15, 2010

Lessons revisited....

Do you ever tire of learning the same lesson over and over again? Let me rephrase...
Do you ever tire of having the same lesson presented to you over and over again?

You have now entered FRUSTRATION STATION. To exit this depot you must LEARN the friggin' lesson!!!!

I'm constantly presented the same lesson to learn over and over again... *sigh* And I am willing to share it... maybe YOU can help ME...or maybe I can help YOU.

Either way I hope there is a benefit to what I"m about to write.

I am a Compulsive Overeater:
Definition: Uncontrolled eating or binging, during which I have pressured, frenzied episodes of eating and sometimes can not remember the onset of the episode. I will continue eating past the point of feeling full (thanksgiving full). The Episode is usually followed by guilt and depression.

This disorder is similar in severity to Alcoholism, Drug/Narcotic Addiction, and Sex Addiction. There is NO cure, yes it can kill you (directly or indirectly) there is only constant treatment. And it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

About the Lesson...

I've been given a "tool" a way to help me beat this addiction, an advantage along with knowledge, education, support, and will power.

Still almost weekly I overeat, to the point where I'm in both physical and emotional pain. Why?
Yes yes because its an addiction... but aside from that. I have all these "tools" and all this knowledge, so again WHY?

Answer: I have been presented with the lesson- The question has been posed- I've answered the question.... I'm addicted, I've been receiving help.... but I'm not being MINDFUL of my response. I'm not being THOUGHTFUL to the lesson presented and my response.

When a person has a huge issue like an incurable disease or disorder... emotional conflicts and complex behavior patterns need to be dealt with. I have received help, guidance and continue to receive this and probably always will (bc there is no cure only maintenance). There is more... there is something I've not tapped into to help me Thoughtfully and Mindfully learn this lesson.

My journey continues... to help me find the untapped items... I blog, journal, meditate, and go to positive resources for assistance. Lesson still left Thoughtfully Unlearned.

S.S.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment